Kapp, David, David Kapp's new panorama of the Rhine from Mentz to Cologne =, [ca. 1860?]
- David Kapp's new panorama of the Rhine from Mentz to Cologne = Nouveau panorama du Rhin depuis Mayence jusqu' à Cologne = Neues Panorama des Rheins von Mainz bis Coeln / W. Becker gez. u. lith.
- Alternate Title(s):
- New panorama of the Rhine from Mentz to Cologne
Nouveau panorama du Rhin depuis Mayence jusqu' à Cologne
Neues Panorama des Rheins von Mainz bis Coeln
David Kapp's panorama of the Rhine
Panorama of the Rhine
- Original edition.
- [Mentz] : David Kapp at Mentz, [ca. 1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 28 x 204 cm., folded to 28 cm x 17 cm.+ 1 v. (24 p. ; 28 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD801.R74 K37 1860+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Bird's-eye view.
Cover title: David Kapp's panorama of the Rhine.
Accompanying pamphlet (24 p.) has title: David Kapp's new panorama of the Rhine from Mentz to Cologne. Original edition, elegantly printed in colours, and ornamented with numerous views, taken on the spot; pictorial illustrations of the most remarkable traditions of the Rhine, and designs of the statues of its most celebrated men, both of ancient and modern times. Artist: W. Becker.
"Reuter & Wallau, printers, Mentz."--T.p. verso, pamphlet.
The latest date mentioned in the text is 1850.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's printed red cloth folder.
- Subject Terms:
- Panoramas -- Germany -- Specimens.Rhine River Valley -- Pictorial works.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.