Phantasm of an university : with prolegomena / by Charles Kelsall, Esq. ; author of "A letter from Athens," and of "A translation of the two last pleadings of Cicerro against Verres."
- London : Printed by J. Moyes, Greville Street, Hatton Garden, for White, Cochrane, and Co., Fleet St., 1814.
- Physical Description:
- , 174 p., , xiii leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLA637 .K45 1814 + OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by J. Moyes, Greville Street, Hatton Garden.
Illustrations by G.S. Facius, Samuel John Neele, J. Rolfe, Charles Wild and Henry Moses; after Bernard Picart, Laquiches, J. Guerin and Charles Kelsall.
BAC: Ms. inscription on verso of preliminary free end-paper.
BAC: Stamped inside front cover: Royal Institution of Great Britain. Presented to the library of the Royal Institution by the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Education, Higher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1814.Etching -- Specimens -- 1814.Kelsall, Charles -- Pres. inscription to the library of the Royal Institution of Great Britain.Moyes, J. -- Printer.Royal Institution of Great Britain -- Pres. inscription from Charles Kelsall.Universities and colleges.White, Cochrane, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1814.
- Part the first: containing remarks on scholastic and academic education
- Part the second: containing the architectural detail.