A voyage towards the South Pole, performed in the years 1822-'24 : containting an examination of the Antarctic Sea, to the seventy-foruth degree of latitude : and a visit to Tierra del Fuego, with a particular account of the inhabitants : to which is added, much useful information on the coasting, navigation of Cape Horn, and the adjacent lands : with charts of harbours, &c / by James Weddell ...
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green ..., 1825.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 276 p.,  leaves of plate (some folded) : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG850 W38 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 609
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by J. Clark; after Andrew Masson and J[ames] Weddell.
BAC: All the folding maps and plates are mounted on linen.
Printed by A. & R. Spottiswoode, New-Steet Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green -- Publisher.Spottiswoode A. & R. -- Printer.Tierra del Fuego (Argentina) -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- 1825.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Weddell, James, 1787-1834, A voyage towards the South Pole, performed in the years 1822-'24 , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.