IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Africa , 1821
Africa : containing a description of the manners and customs, with some historical particulars of the Moors of the Zahara and of the Negro nations between the rivers Senegal and Gambia.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT14 A47 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 6
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Bound in pink paper-covered boards.
Printed by C. Green, Leicester Street, Leicester Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Africa -- History -- To 1884.Africa -- Social life and customs.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1821.Green, C. -- Printer.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1821.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.