Tuer, Andrew White, 1838-1900, Bartolozzi and his works , 
- Bartolozzi and his works / by Andrew W. Tuer ; a biographical and descriptive account of the life and career of Francesco Bartolozzi, R.A. (illustrated) ; with some observations on the present demand for and value of his prints ... ; together with a list of upwards of 2,000 ... of the great engraver's works.
- London : Field & Tuer ; 
New York : Scribner & Welford, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., ports. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE662 B3 T9 1882+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE662.B3 T9 1882+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Jules D. Prown, MAH 1971Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Stipple engravings by Bartolozzi and Caroline Watson, after John Hodges Benwell and Samuel Shelley.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies, both bound in publisher's gilt-stamped vellum. Copy 1 inscribed to Joseph Sandell from the author, October 1881. Copy 2 with bookplate of Jules David Prown. Both copies accompanied by: List of the the works of Bartolozzi. London : Field & Tuer, 1882.
- Subject Terms:
- Bartolozzi, Francesco, 1727-1815.Field & Tuer -- Publisher.Printmakers -- Italy -- Biography.Sandell, Joseph -- Pres. insc. to Andrew White Tuer, October 1881.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1882.Stipple engraving.Tuer, Andrew White, 1838-1900 -- Pres. insc. to Joseph Sandell, October 1881.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.