The memoirs and travels of Sir John Reresby, bart. : the former containing anecdotes, and secret history, of the courts of Charles II. and James II : the latter (now first published) exhibiting a view of the governments and society in the principal states and courts of Europe during the time of Cromwell's usurpation.
- London : Printed for Edward Jeffery and John Rodwell, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 160, 159-160, -414,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA447 R46 1813Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 14
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: At foot of t.p.: Price three guineas unbound.
BAC: Advertisement: p. .
Printed by B. M'Millan, Bow Street, Covent Garden.
Plates by Silvester Harding, Richard Bernard Godfrey, William Nelson Gardiner, Charles Townley, Thomas Medland, O. Birrell, S. Sparrow, George Vertue, Louis Le Coeur, H. R. Cook and Edward Scrivens; after Sylvester, Wencelaus Hollar & J.B. de Medina.
Also issued with title: The memoirs and travels of Sir John Reresby, Bart.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Description and travels -- 17th-18th centuries.Great Britain -- History -- Restoration, 1660-1688.Jeffery, Edward -- Publisher.M'Millan, B. -- Printer.Rodwell, John -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1813.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
Stipple engravings -- 1813.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
Wood engravings -- 1813.
YCBA Collections Search
Reresby, John, Sir, 1634-1689, The memoirs and travels of Sir John Reresby, bart. , 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.