Woodcuts from books of the 15th century shown in original specimens : 55 leaves detached from books printed in Germany, Switzerland, Bohemia, the Netherlands, and Italy / with an introduction by W.L. Schreiber ; translated from the German by André Barbey.
- Additional Title(s):
Buchholzschnitt im 15. Jahrhundert in original- Biespielen. English.
- Munich : Weiss & Co., 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (83,  p., 55 leaves) : ill. ; 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 37Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of: Der Buchholzschnitt im 15. Jahrhundert in original-Beispielen.
"The present publication appeared in a single issue consisting of 100 copies numbered by hand, 50 of which were provided with German and 50 with English text"--P. .
BAC: British Art Center copy includes many leaf specimens with hand-coloring. Has laid in two folio letterpress leaves, with note in ms. "Facsimiles from Hysty. and Cronles. of Sctod. These and the genuine leaves belonged to David Laing who made up a copy with fragments & facsimiles".
- Subject Terms:
- Illustrated books -- Europe -- 15th and 16th centuries.Illustration of books -- 15th century -- Europe.Incunabula -- Europe.Wood-engraving -- 15th century -- Europe.
- Leaf books.
Woodcuts -- 15th century.
Woodcuts -- Hand-colored -- 15th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Woodcuts from books of the 15th century shown in original specimens , 1929
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.