More daylight jobbery : the daily jobbing of a press, 1986-1990 / Libanus Press.
- Additional Title(s):
Daily jobbing of a press
- [Marlborough, England] : Libanus Press, 1990.
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio (, 29 leaves) : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 122Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Second collection of emphemera from the commercial printings of Libanus Press contains nearly eighty samples of work done from 1986 to 1990. With the exception of the type specimens, which have been re-arranged from the original poster commissioned for 'The Spirit of the Letter' exhibition, all the specimens are from end of runs--there are no special efforts, just the standard quality of day-to-day printing."--Contents leaf.
"Twenty-nine cards (339 x 239 mm), several containing multiple samples affixed, plus index sheet. Illustrations by John Lawrence, Ian Beck, Richard Shirley Smith, Peter Forster, and Myra Dean. Includes Francis Bacon, On Gardens. Libanus Press, 1989, with 'decorations by Richard Shirley Smith'."--Moss.
Title from cover of clamshell box. At head of title label: "The daily jobbing of a press."
One of an edition of 60 copies.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith , 122
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original clamshell box.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
SML,AOB: "Surprise packet" contains a printing of Francis Bacon's On gardens (1989)
Consists of 29 heavy board leaves; no. 1-28 have mounted samples of Libanus Press work; no. 29 labelled "A surprise packet of those samples of less than sixty copies and of some recent printings not originally included but loosely & lately inserted into this envelope."
- Subject Terms:
- Libanus Press.Paper -- Sample books.Printing -- Specimens.Private presses -- England -- Marlborough.
- Wood engravings -- 1990.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.