The temple : sacred poems & private ejaculations / by George Herbert.
- London : Printed from the manuscript in the Bodleian Library by the Nonesuch Press, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- x, 213,  pages : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3507 .A1 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Of this edition, which has been set at the Nonesuch Press in the types of Janson, fifteen hundred copies have been printed by the Chiswick Press for sale in England and America."--Colophon.
Prefatory note by Francis Meynell.
Frontispiece portrait of Herbert by Charles Sigrist; after R. White.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 44
Bibliographical and textual notes: p. 197-213.
AOB: Binding variants.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 295 of 1500. Bound in loose gray and red cloth, hand woven, with a Nonesuch device and with title "The temple" down spine in red.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.Herbert, George, 1593-1633 -- Bibliography.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1927.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.