IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Durand, Jean Baptiste Léonard, 1742-1812, A voyage to Senegal, or, Historical, philosophical, and political memoirs, relative to the discoveries, establishments, and commerce of Europeans in the Atlantic Ocean, from Cape Blanco to the river of Sierra Leone, 1806
A voyage to Senegal, or, Historical, philosophical, and political memoirs, relative to the discoveries, establishments, and commerce of Europeans in the Atlantic Ocean, from Cape Blanco to the river of Sierra Leone. To which is added an account of a journey from isle St. Louis to Galam / by J. P. [!] L. Durand ... ; translated from the French, & embellished with numerous engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage au Sénégal. English
- London : Printed for Richard Phillips ... by J.G. Barnard, 57, Snow Hill, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- viii, -181,  leaf of plate : ill. ; 24 cm .
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG161 P55 v.1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Bound in original boards, as issued.
BAC: At bottom of t.p.: Price: eighteen shillings in boards.
I̲n̲ Phillips, Sir Richard. A collection of modern and contemporary voyages and travels ... London, 1805-1810. [vol. 1]
MUDD Eca 810 1: This issue contains no illus.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, Northwest -- Description and travel.Barnard, J. G. -- Printer.Phillips, R. (Richard), Sir, 1767-1840 -- Publisher.Senegal -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- 1806.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.