The landscape gardening and landscape architecture of the late Humphry Repton, esq. : being his entire works on these subjects : with an historical and scientific introduction, a systematic analysis, a biographical notice, notes, and a copious alphabetical index / by J. C. Loudon ; originally published in one folio and three quarto volumes, and now comprised in one volume octavo ; illustrated by upwards of two hundred and fifty engravings.
- New edition.
- London : Printed for the editor, and sold by Longman & Co. ..., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 619 p.,  leaf of plates : ill., plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB471 R426 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Ruskin 840r: Bookplate (armorial) of Robert B. Preston. Cat. in Wise.
Printed by Whitehead and Co., Printers, 76 Fleet Street, London.
Ruskin contributed a note signed Kataphusin and dated Oxford, February, 1839: p. 32-38.
Frontispiece by Henry Bryan Hall; after Samuel Shelley.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, II, 1145.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1840.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1840.Landscape architecture -- Great Britain -- History.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843 -- Publisher.Ramsay, David -- Bookplate.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1840.Whitehead and Co. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Repton, Humphry, 1752-1818, The landscape gardening and landscape architecture of the late Humphry Repton, esq. , 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.