Letters written during a tour through Normandy, Britanny, and other parts of France, in 1818 : including local and historical descriptions : with remarks on the manners and character of the people / by Mrs. Charles Stothard ; with numerous engravings, after drawings by Charles Stothard...
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown ..., 1820.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 322 p. ,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC27 B78 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Spine title reads: Tour in Normandy Brittany.
Illustrations by Daniel Havell and J. Clark; after C[harles] A[lfred] Stothard and A[nna] E[liza] Stothard.
Printed by A. and R. Spottiswoode, Printers-Street, London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 88.
- Subject Terms:
- Brittany (France) -- Description and travel.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1820.France -- Description and travel.France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Normandy (France) -- Description and travel.Spottiswoode, A. and R -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1820.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
YCBA Collections Search
Bray, Mrs. (Anna Eliza), 1790-1883, Letters written during a tour through Normandy, Britanny, and other parts of France, in 1818 , 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.