Quartetts of the royal family of England , [between 1860 and 1865?]
Quartetts of the royal family of England : a game.
- [Great Britain] : [publisher not identified], [between 1860 and 1865?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game ; box 26 x 22 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .Q37 1860 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Issued in a wooden box. The box top bears the title of the game, with royal arms.
The publisher and date are unidentified. The depiction of Princess Beatrice suggests that it was made no earlier than the early 1860s.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original wooden box. Lacks instructions. Accompanied by a second set of the portraits, mounted to sheets of newspaper.
Puzzles, in which portraits of 12 members of the the royal family are dissected (diagonally) into four pieces each. The portraits are hand-colored lithographs, mounted on sheets of wood (walnut?) 1/8" in thickness.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain.Princes -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Princesses -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Puzzles -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Royal family -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Puzzles -- England -- 1860-1865.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860-1865.
- Princess Helena
- Princess Louise
- Prince Arthur
- Princess Beatrice, Prince Leopold
- Prince Royal of Prussia
- Princess of Hesse
- Princess of Wales
- Princess Royal of Prussia
- Prince of Hesse
- Prince Alfred
- Queen Victoria
- Prince of Wales
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.