South Sea Islands : being a description of the manners, customs, character, religion and state of society among the various tribes scattered over the great ocean called the Pacific or the South Sea.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : col. ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU28 S78 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 6
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Bound in blue paper-covered boards.
Printed by Green, Leicester Street, Leicester Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Green -- Printer.Oceania -- History.Oceania -- Social life and customs.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.