Travels through Spain, in the years 1775 and 1776 : in which several monuments of Roman and Moorish architecture are illustrated by accurate drawings taken on the spot / by Henry Swinburne ...
- The second edition; to which is added, A journey from Bayonne to Marseilles.
- London : Printed by J. Davis; for P. Elmsly, in the Strand, 1787.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 22 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP34 S84 1787Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1996 253: Bookplate: Sir Thomas Beauchamp Proctor, Bart.
Illustrations by Mme. Bovi, F. Giomignani, C. Nolli and James Taylor; after Richard Cosway and Henry Swinburne.
Includes tables and indices.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, CCXXXIII, column 520
National union catalog (1956-1982), NS 1103729.
English short title catalogue, T88895
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Spain.Architecture, Roman -- Spain.Davis, J. -- Printer.Elmsly, P. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1787.France -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.France -- Description and travel.Islamic architecture -- Spain.Proctor, Thomas Beauchamp, Sir -- Bookplate.Spain -- Antiquities, Roman.Spain -- Civilization, Islamic.Spain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1787.
YCBA Collections Search
Swinburne, Henry, 1743-1803, Travels through Spain, in the years 1775 and 1776 , 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.