Designs of sundry articles of Queens or cream colour'd earthenware : manufactured by Hartley , Greens and Co. at Leeds Pottery : with a great variety of other articles : the same enamel'd printed or ornamented with gold to any pattern : also with coats of arms, cyphers, landscapes, &c. &c.
- Leeds : Hartley, Greens, and Co., 1783.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p.,  [i.e. 43] leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4340 L4 A3 1783+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First edition of one of the earliest pattern books published in England by pottery manufacturers for the use of their travellers, with illustrations of all the articles produced by the firm.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: plates 26 and 44 wanting. Fig. 118 on plate 30 excised.
- Subject Terms:
- Creamware.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1783.Hartley, Greens, and Co. -- Catalogs.Hartley, Greens, and Co. -- Publisher.Leeds pottery -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Pottery, English -- England -- Leeds -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Hartley, Greens, and Co, Designs of sundry articles of Queens or cream colour'd earthenware , 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.