Campbell, Ken, 1939-, A few ways through the window, 1975
- A few ways through the window.
- London : Printed by Ken Campbell and Dennis Mariner, 1975.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 C35 F38 1975Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "There's a string of poems, and they have their own emotional wave to them, and parallel to that there are a string of images, whole-page images, with huge black, blue-black borders--that's the start of something else too--and these run parallel to the poetry, and hopefully have their own particular way. It's a musical thing in a way. [The images are] a set of photographs of some wonderful windows in a small house in France where the very tall, skinny glass panes open inwards, and these very tall skinny wooden things opened outwards, and their different intercessions in the visual plane that I thought were delightful, and I took a lot of photographs at different times of day. So, they opened in the morning, they were wide open in the noon, and they closed towards the evening. I think it was a sequence of about five photographs. The notion was, the locked windows of the mind opened and lots of random things came in, and then the thing closed down towards the end of the book. It was a few ways through the window; the poems were different notions of freedom."--Ken Campbell, from The word returned.
Edition of 50. Printed letterpress and offset in black and brown on double leaves of Poster Snowflake and red Butterfly Poppy papers from Univers type.
Original archival material related to this work is available in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts (Ken Campbell Collection, MSS 25).
Word returned: artist books by Ken Campbell, 1
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of 50 copies. Signed by artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Campbell, Ken, 1939- -- Printer.Mariner, Dennis -- Printer.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.