Carrafa, Juan, 1787-1869, Colección de trages de España, [1825?]
Colección de trages de España.
- Additional Title(s):
Trages de España
- [Madrid] : [Calcografía Real], [1825?]
- Physical Description:
- , 56, 56 leaves : all illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1207 C64 1800zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraver, illustrator, and imprint from National Library of Spain.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled and blind-stamped green morocco.
With an etched title leaf and and 112 illustrations of characters of different places and professions, dressed in local costumes. The engravings are presented in numbered pairs, often juxtaposing a man and a woman of a given category, e.g. for no. 22, "Labrador de Galicia" and "Labradora de Galicia."
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Spain -- Pictorial works.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.