Pompa funebris optimi potentissimiq[ue] principis Alberti Pii, Archiducis Austriae, ducis Burg. Bra. &c. / veris imaginibus expressa a Iacobo Francquart archit. reg. ; eiusdem principis morientis vita, scriptore E. Puteano, consil. et historiogr. reg.
- Additional Title(s):
Pompa fvnebris optimi potentissimiq[ue] principis Alberti Pii, Archidvcis Avstriae, dvcis Bvrg. Bra. &c.
- Bruxellae : Prostant apud Joannem Mommartium, MDCXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- A-M p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) ; ill., ports. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDH602.A4 F73 1623+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Commemorates the funeral ceremony of Albert VII Habsburg, Archduke of Austria and governor of the Netherlands, held in the church of St. Gudule in Brussels on 12 March 1622.
Dedicatory letter and some plates signed Jacques Francquart.
"Cum gratia et privilegio."
Publication date precedes printer statement on title page.
Twelve folded leaves of text in Latin, Spanish, French, and Dutch.
Title page is engraved, across double leaves. Sixty-four double plates (numbered I-LXIII) and extra folded plate of memorial tomb of Isabella engraved by Cornelius Galle after Jacques Francquart.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 452
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in eighteenth century quarter calf and brown boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Albrecht VII, Archduke of Austria, 1559-1621 -- Death and burial.Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Belgium -- Brussels -- Early works to 1800.Processions -- Belgium -- Brussels -- Early works to 1800.
- Funeral books -- Belgium -- Brussels -- 1623.
Engravings (prints) -- Belgium -- 17th century.
Engravings -- 1623.
YCBA Collections Search
Francquart, Jacques, 1577-1651, Pompa funebris optimi potentissimiq[ue] principis Alberti Pii, Archiducis Austriae, ducis Burg. Bra. &c. , MDCXXIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.