Costumi della corte pontifica [graphic].
- Roma : [publisher not identified], 1846.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pictures on 7 joined sheets : hand-colored engravings ; sheets end-to-end 11 x 233 cm, accordion folded to 11 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX1925 .C67 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title vignette (portrait of Pius IX) by V. Mochetti; after A. Bertini
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 167
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 198
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary purple cloth. Bookseller's label: M. Piale. English Library. No. 1 Piazza di Spagna. Rome.
Depiction of the costume of the Roman Curia as well as cardinals, bishops, priests, chamberlains, lesser members of the clergy and the Swiss Guard. Caption beneath each image in Italian. The 31st panel bears the title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Church vestments -- Italy -- Pictorial works.Clothing and dress -- Religious aspects -- ChristianityCostumes -- Italy -- 19th century.Monasticism and religious orders -- Italy -- Habit -- Pictorial works.Papal courts.Papal uniforms.Piale, M. -- Bookseller.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1846.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.