24 costumes suisses [graphic].
- Additional Title(s):
Vingt-quatre costumes suisses
- [Switzerland?] : [publisher not identified], [1840s?]
- Physical Description:
- 24 pictures on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored lithographs ; sheets end-to-end 12 x 216 cm, accordion folded to 12 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ36 .V56 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and blind-stamped brown cloth.
Depicts the clothing and dress of ladies in 24 Swiss locations, with place names given in German. On one accordion-folded strip; each image within a printed golden boarder.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Switzerland -- Pictorial works.Costume -- Switzerland -- Pictorial works.
- Accordion fold format (Binding)
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.