IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ostervald, J. F. (Jean Frédéric), 1773-1850, Picturesque tour from Geneva to Milan, by way of the Simplon , 1820
Picturesque tour from Geneva to Milan, by way of the Simplon : illustrated with thirty six coloured views of the most striking scenes and of the principal works belonging to the new road constructed over that mountain : engraved from designs by J. and J. [i.e. G. and G.] Lory of Neufchatel : and accompanied with particulars, historical and descriptive / by Frederic Schober [i.e. Shoberl]
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage pittoresque de Genève à Milan par le Simplon. English
- London : R. Ackermann, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- , 136 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ841 S5 O85 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ841 S5 O85 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Map engraved by H. Frost.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in maroon gold-stamped morocco. Copy 2 is bound in orange publisher's cloth by Remnant & Edmonds.
Translation (by Shoberl?) of Voyage pittoresque de Genève à Milan par le Simplon.
Printed by J. Diggens, St. Ann's Lane, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1820.Piemonte (Italy) -- Description and travel.Remnant & Edmonds -- Binder. (Copy 2)Simplon Pass (Switzerland) -- Description and travel.Switzerland -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.