Naples and the campagna felice : in a series of letters, addressed to a friend in England, in 1802.
- London : Printed at R. Ackermann ..., 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 4, 400 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG843 E5 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Added engraved t.p.
First published in "Ackermann's repository of arts" under title "Letters from Italy."
"The book is often said to contain seventeen or eighteen plates by Rowlandson, but in fact probably only nine are by him ... Of these only ... [the frontispice] carries Rowlandson's signature". See Abbey.
Printed by J. Diggens, Printer, St. Ann's Lane, London.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 166
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Diggens, J. -- Printer.Dudley, Robert L. -- Bookplate.Engelbach, Lewis.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1815.Italy -- Description and travel.Naples (Italy) -- Description and travel.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.