The Chester play of the deluge / edited by J. Isaacs ; with engravings on wood by David Jones.
- Additional Title(s):
Deluge (Chester play)
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Golden Cockerel Press, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 16,  p. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1261 .D45 1927+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN,GEN:"Number 269" with original dust-wrapper.
Original title: The thirde pagent of Noyes flood, the waterleaders, and drawers in dye. [n.p., G. Bellin, 1592]
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings ... The text is based ... on that established by Professor A.W. Pollard for his 'English miracle plays,' with variants from the manuscripts edited by the late Dr. Hermann Deimling for the Early English Text Society ... The edition is limited to CCLXXV copies ..."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 52
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 122 of a limited edition of 275 copies. Bound in publisher's original red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible play, English (Middle)Golden Cockerel Press -- Publisher.Noah (Biblical figure) -- Drama.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1927.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.