The lady's economical assistant, or, The art of cutting out, and making the most useful articles of wearing apparel, without waste : explained by the clearest directions, and numerous engravings, of appropriate and tasteful patterns : designed for domestic use / by a Lady ; designed for domestic use.
- Additional Title(s):
Lady's economical assistant.
Art of cutting out, and making the most useful articles of wearing apparel, without waste.
- London : Printed for John Murray, Fleet Street; J. Harding, St. James's Street; and A. Constable and Co., Edinburgh; At the Union Printing Office, by W. Wilson, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 55,  p., XXVII folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT520 L33 1808+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, on publisher's printed label: The Lady's assistant. With patterns for cutting out. Six and thirty large plate and wood cuts. Price 12s.
Binder's note, p. : There are twenty-seven engravings, to be placed at the end of the book.
"Books lately published"-- p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy in two parts, with text and pattern book (plates) bound separately. Both bound in gray paper boards with publisher's printed title labels mounted on covers and spines.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Dressmaking -- Great Britain -- Patterns.Dressmaking -- Patterns -- Specimens.Garment cutting -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Sewing -- Great Britain.Tailoring (Women's) -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- 1808.
Engravings -- 1808.
YCBA Collections Search
Lady, The lady's economical assistant, or, The art of cutting out, and making the most useful articles of wearing apparel, without waste , 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.