Lairesse, Gérard de, 1640-1711, The art of painting , 1778
- The art of painting : in all its branches : methodically demonstrated by discourses and plates : and exemplified by remarks on the paintings of the best masters : and their perfections and oversights laid open / by Gerard de Lairesse ; translated by John Frederick Fritsch.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Groot schilderboek. English.
- London : Printed for S. Vandenberg [et. al.], 1778.
- Physical Description:
- , 504 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some folded) ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 L313 1778Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title in red and black.
Translation of: Het groot schilderboek.
BAC: Plate [LVI] numbered as Plate LIV.
BAC: Contains head- pieces.
Illustrations by I. Carwitham; after Gerard de Lairesse.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Early works to 1800.Composition (Art) -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1778.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Vandenberg, S. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.