Theatrical pleasures / drawn and engraved by Theodore Lane ; six coloured plates.
- London : Published January 1st, 1830, by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, 
- Physical Description:
- 6 leaves : chiefly ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2085 .L36 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Six humorous colored plates depicting scenes at the theater.
Two of the plates, 'Crowding to the pit' and 'Contending for a seat', are listed in George.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, 14303, 14304
BAC: British Art Center copy stitched in original paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Satire, English.Theater -- Humor.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- Crowding to the pit
- Contending for a seat
- Snug in the gallery
- Taken places occupied
- Feasting in the saloon
- Turning out half satisfied.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.