The stranger's guide to the Roman antiquities of the city of Treves / from the German of Professor John Hugh Wyttenbach ; to which are added, plates from unpublished drawings, and other illustrations ; edited under the direction of Dawson Turner.
- London : John W. Parker, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 143 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDD901 T85 W9 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy unique copy on vellum.
Translations of six short treatises published in "Treviris," 1834.
The collection was published as a whole in 1844 under title: Forschungen über die römischen Alterthümer im Moselthale von Trier. cf. Allgemeine deutsche Biographie.
Illustrated by J.P. Davis. Printed by Graf & Soret.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1839.Etching -- Specimens -- 1839.Germany -- Description and travel.Graf & Soret -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1839.Parker, John W. -- Publisher.Trier (Germany) -- Antiquities.
YCBA Collections Search
Wyttenbach, Johann Hugo, 1767-1820, The stranger's guide to the Roman antiquities of the city of Treves , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.