Roma illustrata, or, A description of the most beautiful pieces of painting, sculpture, and architecture, antique and modern, at and near Rome.
- Additional Title(s):
Monumens de Rome. English.
- Second edition corrected.
- London : Printed for Dan. Browne ..., [172-?]
- Physical Description:
- , 195,  p. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG424 R35 1730Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translator appears to be Robert Samber, who signs the dedication.
A "Second edition" was printed by Browne and Chapman with the date 1723.
Includes head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Italy -- Rome -- Guidebooks.Browne, Dan. -- Publisher.Italy -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Rome (Italy) -- Antiquities.
- Wood engravings -- [172-?]
YCBA Collections Search
Raguenet, François, 1660?-1722, Roma illustrata, or, A description of the most beautiful pieces of painting, sculpture, and architecture, antique and modern, at and near Rome, [172-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.