Voyage of Italy, or, A compleat journey through Italy : in two parts : with the characters of the people, and the description of the chief towns, churches, monasteries, tombs, libraries, pallaces (sic), villas, gardens, pictures, statues, and antiquities : as also of the interest government, riches, force, &c. of all the Princes : with instructions concerning travel / by Richard Lassels ... ; never before extant.
- Additional Title(s):
Voyage of Italy.
Compleat journey through Italy.
- Paris : To be sold in London, by John Starkey, at the Mitre in Fleet-Street near Temple-Barr, 1670.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG424 .L337 1670Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Pt. 1 has added engraved t.p.
Part 2 has title: The voyage of Italy ... By Richard Lassels. Opus posthumum: corrected & set forth by his old friend and fellow traveller S[imon] W[ilson]
- Subject Terms:
- Italy -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Starkey, John -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1670.
Engravings -- 1670.
YCBA Collections Search
Lassels, Richard, 1603?-1668, Voyage of Italy, or, A compleat journey through Italy , 1670
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.