Surplus pages from A cross section : the Society of Wood Engravers in 1987 : eight wood engravings and the prelimianry pages, with a sample of the patterned binding paper.
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire : Fleece Press, 1988.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some mounted), port. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 119Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Printed by Simon Lawrence, Seckar House, Seckar Lane, Woolley, Wakefield, West Yorkshire. ... Wood engravings by Ray Hedger, Yvonne Skargon, Richard Shirley Smith [bookplate for Anne Stevens; Bain no. 255], Howard Phipps, Monica Poole, Geoffrey Wales, Kathleen Lindsley, Edwina Ellis."--Moss.
"Ninety five copies bound in Laura Ashley cloth."--Colophon.
Photograph of Stanley Lawrence, wood engraver (1900-1987), mounted on p. ; his obituary by Ian Mortimer on p. -.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 119
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 255
BAC: British Art Center copy one of 95 copies bound in Laura Ashley cloth, 8 wood engravings and preliminary pages with a sample of a patterned paper designed by Edwina Ellis used for 218 copies thus bound.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Fleece Press -- Publisher.Lawrence, Stanley, 1900-1987.Society of Wood Engravers.Wood-engraving -- 20th century -- England.Wood-engraving, English -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 1988.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.