Wallace, Alfred Russel, 1823-1913, A narrative of travels on the Amazon and Rio Negro , 1853
- A narrative of travels on the Amazon and Rio Negro : with an account of the native tribes, and observations on the climate, geology, and natural history of the Amazon Valley / by Alfred R. Wallace.
- London : Reeve and co., 1853.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 541,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF2546 W18 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by and after A[lfred] R[ussel] Wallace.
BAC: Bound in brown blind-stamped publishers cloth.
Printed by John Edward Taylor, Little-Queen-Street, Lincoln's Innfields.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 712
- Subject Terms:
- Amazon River Valley -- Description and travel.Brazil -- Description and travel.Indians of South America -- Amazon River Valley -- Languages.Indians of South America -- Amazon River Valley.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1853.Natural history -- Amazon River Valley.Reeve and co. -- Publisher.Taylor, John Edward -- Printer.Voyages and travels.
- Chromolithographs -- 1853.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.