The history of the rise and progress of the new British province of South Australia : including particulars descriptive of its soil, climate, natural productions, &c. : and proofs of its superiority to all other British Colonies ... : embracing also a full account of the South Australian Company, with hints to various classes of emigrants, and numerous letters from settlers concerning wages, provisions, their satisfaction with the colony, &c. / by John Stephens.
- Additional Title(s):
Land of promise
- Second edition.
- London : Smith, Elder and Co., 1839.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 224 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU305 S75 1839Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Illustrations by Charles Chabot, Augustus Butler, G.F. Bragg; after William Westall, Col. William Light and Captain Pearson.
First pub. anonymously under title: The land of promise.
Printed by Cunningham and Salmon, Printers, Crown-court, Fleet Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Cunningham and Salmon -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1839.Smith, Elder, and Co. -- Publisher.South Australia -- Description and travel.South Australia -- Economic conditions.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephens, John, fl. 1838-1847, The history of the rise and progress of the new British province of South Australia , 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.