IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Layard, Austen Henry, Sir, 1817-1894, Discoveries among the ruins of Nineveh and Babylon , 1853
Discoveries among the ruins of Nineveh and Babylon : with travels in Armenia, Kurdistan, and the desert : being the result of a second expedition undertaken for the trustees of the British Museum / by Austen H. Layard.
- New York : G.P. Putnam, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 686 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS70 L43 1853BYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Published simultaneously with the London edition. Slight variation in title, i.e. Discoveries in the ruins of Ninevah and Babylond.
BAC: Bound in gold-stamped green publishers cloth.
Spine title: Babylon and Nineveh.
Printed by Spottiswoode and Shaw, New-Street-Square, London.
Illustrations by Nicholas Chevalier; after S. C. Malan and Frederick Charles Cooper.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Babylon (Extinct city) -- Description and travel.Hunnewell, James F. -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1853.Middle East -- Description and travel.Nineveh (Extinct city) -- Description and travel.Scientific expeditions.Spottiswoodes and Shaw -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.