An historical and descriptive account of the Peruvian sheep, called carneros de la tierra : and of the experiments made by the Spaniards to improve the respective breeds : to which is added, an account of a successful attempt to domesticate the vicuña in England, and a recommendation of this species to cross with our native flocks / by William Walton.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 183 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF399 W23 1811Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- BAC: Bound in original boards.
Printed by W. Glindon, Rupert-Street, Haymarket, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Glindon, W. -- Printer.Guanaco.Llamas.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown -- Publisher.Sheep -- Peru.Vicuña.
YCBA Collections Search
Walton, William, 1784-1857, An historical and descriptive account of the Peruvian sheep, called carneros de la tierra , 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.