Chaucer, Geoffrey, -1400, The Canterbury tales of Geoffrey Chaucer , 1930
- The Canterbury tales of Geoffrey Chaucer : together with a version in modern English verse / by William Van Wyck ; illustrated by Rockwell Kent ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Canterbury tales.
- New York : Covici-Friede, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1866 .V36 1930+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN: In case (41 cm.) accompanied by an extra set of plates.  l. 39 x 101 cm.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 55 of a limited edition of 75 copies on Crane's Old Book paper. Signed by Rockwell Kent. Bound in blind-stamped pigskin. Lacks extra portfolio of Kent plates.
Original and modern versions in parallel columns.
With full-page wood-engraved illustrations printed in black and brown.
This edition consisted of an Edition De Luxe of seventy five copies on Crane's Olde Book paper, numbered 1 to 75, which were bound in pigskin and accompanied by a special portfolio of Kent plates; and nine hundred and twenty four cloth-bound copies on worthy number two rag paper, numbered 76 to 999.
- Subject Terms:
- Kent, Rockwell, 1882-1971 -- Autograph.Rosenbloom, Charles J. -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1930.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.