The builder's director, or, Bench-mate : being a pocket-treasury of the Grecian, Roman, and gothic orders of architecture, made easy... : by nearly 500 examples, improved from the best authors, ancient andmodern, of pedestals, bases, shafts [etc.] ... : engraved on 184 copper plates: wherein the orders of Andrea Palladio are truly laid down ... / by Batty Langley ...
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Printed for A. Webley, 1761.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2810 L3 1761Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Other editions were published in 1747, 1751 and 1767.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 427
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Orders -- Early works to 1800.Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1761.Webley, A. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Langley, Batty, 1696-1751, The builder's director, or, Bench-mate , 1761
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.