A design for the bridge at New Palace Yard, Westminster ... : composed of nine arches, independent of each other, whose nature is such, that the greatest weight possibly to be impressed cannot break them down ... / by B. Langley.
- London : Printed for the author ..., 1736.
- Physical Description:
- 30 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTG64 W47 L35 1736Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T31718
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 455
BAC: Includes head- and tail- pieces.
Text dated 5 June 1736.
Illustration by I. Carwitham; after B. Langley.
- Subject Terms:
- Bridges -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.Bridges -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1736.Westminster Bridge (London, England)
YCBA Collections Search
Langley, Batty, 1696-1751, A design for the bridge at New Palace Yard, Westminster ... , 1736
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.