A sure method of improving estates, by plantations of oak, elm, ash, beech, and other timber-trees, coppice-woods, &c. : wherein is demonstrated the necessity and advantages thereof : their manner of raising, cultivating, felling, &c., in all kinds of soils, whereby estates may be greatly improv'd : offered to the consideration of the nobility and gentry of Great-Britain / by Batty Langley, of Twickenham.
- London : Printed for Francis Clay, at the Bible, and Daniel Browne, at the Black-Swan, without Temple-Bar, MDCCXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , xx, 274 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSD391 .L35 1728 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSD391 .L35 1728 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustration by William Henry Toms.
Title page printed in red and black.
English short title catalogue, T11856
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 470
Catalogue of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature, 6587
Hanson, L. Contemporary printed sources for British and Irish economic history, 1701-1750, 3823
BAC: British Art center copy 1 bound in gilt-stamped sprinkled calf . Copy 2 inscribed: F.D. Bassie K.C.L. Presented by his affectionate grandmother S. Pafringham November 11 1889. Inscribed on t.p.: Wm. Winder. Bound in Cambridge style calf binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Bassie, F. D. -- Pres. insc. from S. Pafringham, November 11, 1889. (Copy 1)Browne, Daniel -- Publisher.Clay, Francis -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1728.Gardening -- Early works to 1800.Pafringham, S. -- Pres. insc. to F. D. Bassie, November 11, 1889. (Copy 1)Shade trees -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Tree planting -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Trees -- Early works to 1800.Winder, Wm -- Autograph. (Copy 1)
YCBA Collections Search
Langley, Batty, 1696-1751, A sure method of improving estates, by plantations of oak, elm, ash, beech, and other timber-trees, coppice-woods, &c. , MDCCXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.