Meller, Henry James, Nicotiana, or, The smoker's and snuff-taker's companion , 1832
- Nicotiana, or, The smoker's and snuff-taker's companion : containing the history of tobacco, culture, medical qualities and the laws relative to its importation and manufacture : with an essay in its defence : the whole elegantly embellished and interspersed with original poetry and anecdotes, being intended as an amusing and instructive volume for all genuine lovers of the herb / by Henry James Meller ...
- Second edition.
- London : Effingham Wilson, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 128, 36 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3020 M45 1832Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Publishers advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in brown paper boards, decorated with tobacco motifs bordering portraits of Raleigh smoking on front cover and Byron smoking on back cover.
Printed by Littlewood and Co., Old Bailey.
Illustrations by C. Ingrey.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1832.Littlewood and Co. -- Printer.Smoking in art.Tobacco -- Poetry.Tobacco use.Wilson, Effingham -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.