Furor hortensis : essays on the history of the English landscape garden in memory of H. F. Clark / edited by Peter Willis ; with an introd. by Sir Robert H. Matthew ; and biographical memoirs by Patrick Nuttgens and Geoffrey Jellicoe.
- Edinburgh : Elysium Press, 1974.
- Physical Description:
- 107 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibrarySB477 G7 F87 1974 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "First edition of 1000 copies, 1974."
"Select bibliography of the publications of H. F. Clarke" [by] J. Byrom: p. 89-91.
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, H. F.Gardens -- England -- History.Gardens, English.Landscape architecture -- England -- History.Landscape architecture -- History.Landscape gardening -- History.
- Nuttgens, P. H. F. Clark as teacher.--Jellicoe, G. H. F. Clark as practitioner.--Brogden, W. A. Stephen Switzer: "La Grand Manier".--Spink, W. Sir John Clerk of Penicuik: Landowner as designer.--Willis, P. Charles Bridgeman: The royal gardens.--Clarke, G. William Kent: Heresy in Stowe's Elysium.--Batey, M. Oliver Goldsmith: An indictment of landscape gardening.--Stroud, D. Humphrey Repton: A forgotten landscape at Wembley Park.--Fricker, L. John Claudius Loudon: The plane truth?--List of subscribers to the H. F. Clark Fund and to "Furor hortensis".