Furor hortensis , 1974
- Furor hortensis : essays on the history of the English landscape garden in memory of H. F. Clark / edited by Peter Willis ; with an introd. by Sir Robert H. Matthew ; and biographical memoirs by Patrick Nuttgens and Geoffrey Jellicoe.
- Edinburgh : Elysium Press, 1974.
- Physical Description:
- 107 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibrarySB477 G7 F87 1974 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "First edition of 1000 copies, 1974."
"Select bibliography of the publications of H. F. Clarke" [by] J. Byrom: p. 89-91.
- Nuttgens, P. H. F. Clark as teacher.--Jellicoe, G. H. F. Clark as practitioner.--Brogden, W. A. Stephen Switzer: "La Grand Manier".--Spink, W. Sir John Clerk of Penicuik: Landowner as designer.--Willis, P. Charles Bridgeman: The royal gardens.--Clarke, G. William Kent: Heresy in Stowe's Elysium.--Batey, M. Oliver Goldsmith: An indictment of landscape gardening.--Stroud, D. Humphrey Repton: A forgotten landscape at Wembley Park.--Fricker, L. John Claudius Loudon: The plane truth?--List of subscribers to the H. F. Clark Fund and to "Furor hortensis".
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, H. F.Gardens -- England -- History.Gardens, English.Landscape architecture -- England -- History.Landscape architecture -- History.Landscape gardening -- History.