Rothery, G. A, A diary of the wreck of His Majesty's Ship Challenger, on the western coast of South America, in May, 1835 , 1836
- A diary of the wreck of His Majesty's Ship Challenger, on the western coast of South America, in May, 1835 : with an account of the subsequent encampment of the officers and crew during a period of seven weeks on the south coast of Chili.
- London : Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- 160 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF3126 R67 1836Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by W. Walton. Printed by Charles Hullmandel.
Authorship has been attributed to G.A. Rothery. cf. See Abbey.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, New-Street Square.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 716
- Subject Terms:
- Challenger (Ship)Chile -- Description and travel.Hullmandel, Charles Joseph, 1789-1850 -- Printer.Indians of South America -- Chile.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1836.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman -- PublisherMapuche Indians.Shipwrecks -- Chile.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.Voyages and travels.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.