Landseer. [Editado por Cândido Guinle de Paula Machado. Texto de Alberto Rangel.]
- [São Paulo, Fotolito e impressão em offset por Lanzara, 1972]
- Physical Description:
- 162 p. (chiefly col. illus. part fold.) 40 x 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 46Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Reproductions of 145 sketches by Landseer selected from the 345 sketches contained in the unpublished "Landseer sketchbook." The text, in Portuguese and English, consists of the chapter "O álbum de Highcliffe" from Rangel's Trasanteontem, published 1943; the English translation is by J. Knox.
"The book has been edited by Cândido Guinle de Paula Machado, according design and lay out by Aloisio Magalhães, reproduction and printing in offset by Lanzara S.A., in the city of São Paulo, Brazil ... The edition has been issued in 2000 copies, of which: 100 not for sale, printed for the editor, numbered in Roman numerals from I to C; and 1900 numbered in Arabic numberals from 1 to 1900. The printing was completed on July 31st, 1972 ..."--Colophon (with parallel text in Portuguese).
Issued in case.
Title from cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original cloth case. Accompanied by a prospectus for the work, issued by Livraria AGIR Editora.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Brazil.Brazil in art.Landseer, Charles, 1799 or 1800-1879.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.