Laporte, John, 1761-1839, Of the characters of trees , 1795-1798
- Of the characters of trees / drawn and engraved by J. Laport.
- [London] : And published by Thomas Macklin, Poets' Gallery, Fleet Street, 1795-1798.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pt. : chiefly ill. ; 39 x 53 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 15Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and publisher from publisher's printed cover label.
Issues in 6 parts, dated from 1795 to 1798. Each part consists of 4 etched plates.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, C365
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks parts 2 and 5. In original blue wrappers with printed title labels.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Early works to 1800.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Macklin, Thomas -- Publisher.Trees -- Pictorial work.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1795-1798.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.