Select views in Sicily : accompanied by an historical and descriptive account / translated from the original published at Paris by Mr. J.F. D'Ostervald.
- London : Published by John Weale, 1825.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG863 .L37 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English version, abridged, of the Voyage pittoresque en Sicile (Paris, 1822-1826) with a selection of the views engraved in a small size by the same group of engravers, although not necessarily the same subjects as they did in the larger work. Cf. Abbey.
Aquatint engravings by Bennet, Theodore Fielding, Havell, Himmely, G. Reeve, Salathe, and T. Sutherland; after S. Birmann, Cassas, Catel, Cockerell, de Forbin, Frommel, James Hall, Huber, Michalon, and Count Pourtales-Gorgier.
Printed by J. Moyes, Bouverie Street, London.
Title of plates in French and English.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 264
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's (?) blue cloth, stamped in gilt: Sicily £7 "10.
- Subject Terms:
- Moyes, J. -- Printer.Sicily (Italy) -- Antiquities.Sicily (Italy) -- Description and travel.Weale, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
La Salle, Achille Étienne Gigault de, 1772-1855, Select views in Sicily , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.