Latrobe, Christian Ignatius, 1758-1836, Journal of a visit to South Africa, in 1815, and 1816 , 1818
- Journal of a visit to South Africa, in 1815, and 1816 : with some account of the missionary settlements of the United Brethren, near the Cape of Good Hope / by the Rev. C. I. Latrobe.
- Alternate Title(s):
- South Africa
- London : Published by L. B. Seeley, 169, Fleet Street, and R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 406 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT827 .L38 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT827 .L38 1818+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: South Africa.
Abbey, J. R. Travel, 325
Printed by W. M'Dowall, Pemberton Row, Gough Square.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Ms. inscription "Margt. Eleonora Foster" on t.p.
BAC: Copy 2 is bound in original boards. Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Illustrations by Joseph Constantine Stadler, J. Bluck, Daniel Havell; after R. Cocking, Christian Ignatius Latrobe, John Melvill, and J. Cocking.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818.Foster, Margt. Eleonora -- Provenance.M'Dowall, W. -- Printer.Missions -- South Africa.Moravian Church -- Missions.Seeley, L. B. -- Publisher.South Africa -- Description and travel
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.