Scotland delineated : a series of views of the principal cities and towns, particularly of Edinburgh and its environs : of the cathedrals, abbeys, and other monastic remains : the castles and baronial mansions : the mountains and rivers, sea-coast : and other grand picturesque scenery : from drawings made expressly by Sir William Allan, F.R.S.A., Clarkson Stanfield, R.A., George Cattermole, W.L. Leitch, Thomas Creswick, A.R.A., David Roberts, R.A., J.D. Harding, Joseph Nash, Horatio Macculloch, R.S.A., J.M.W. Turner, R.A., D.O. Hill, R.A., W. Simpson, &c. &c. : accompanied by copious letterpress, comprising histories of the city and Castle of Edinburgh, and Palace of Holyrood : with historical and antiquarian notices, interspersed with curious and original anecdotes of the principal scenes and events illustrated thoughout the work / by John Parker Lawson, M.A.
- London : Day and Son, Lithographers to the Queen ; Glasgow : R. Griffin and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- , 285 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .L39 1858+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by T. Picken.
With an added engraved title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy in two volumes. Bound in contemporary (publisher's original?) red half leather with green watered-silk covered boards; with the gilt-stamped arms of Charles II on the front cover. Volume 2 lacks letterpress title page. Bookplate: James Frothingham Hunnewell.
- Subject Terms:
- Edinburgh (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.Scotland -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1858.
Armorial bindings (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.