IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Layard, Austen Henry, Sir, 1817-1894, Nineveh and its remains , 1852
Nineveh and its remains : with an account of a visit to the Chaldæan Christians of Kurdistan, and the Yezidis, or devil worshippers : and an inquiry into the manners and arts of the ancient Assyrians / by Austen Henry Layard.
- New York : G. P. Putnam, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. : frontispiece, illustrations, plates (some folded) folded map, folded plans ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS70 .L42 1852Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC & SML,AOS Ra L45n: 13th thousand.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gold-stamped green publisher's cloth.
SML,AOS Ra L45n: American Oriental Society Library bookplate: No. 2148. Stamp of American Oriental Society Library. Donor: C. W. Bradley, May, 1861.
- Subject Terms:
- American Oriental Society. Library -- Bookplate.American Oriental Society. Library -- Stamp.Antiquities.Assyria.Assyrian Church of the East members.Assyrian Church of the East members.Assyrian Church of the East.Bradley, Charles William, 1809-1865 -- Donor.Catholic Church.Chaldean rite (Catholic Church)Excavations (Archaeology)Excavations (Archaeology) -- Iraq.Iraq -- Antiquities.Iraq -- Nineveh (Extinct city)Iraq.Middle East -- Assyria.Nineveh (Extinct city)Yezidis.Yezidis.
Wood engravings -- 1852.
Lithographs -- 1852.
Engravings -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.