Lear, Edward, 1812-1888, Illustrated excursions in Italy , MDCCCXLVI 
Illustrated excursions in Italy / by Edward Lear.
- London : Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket, MDCCCXLVI 
London : S. & J. Bentley, Wilson & Fley, printers
- Physical Description:
- xii, 144 pages, , 30 leaves of plates : illustrations, map ; 39 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG420 .L43 1846+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG420 .L43 1846+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With wood-engraved vignettes.
"Works referred to in this volume"--pages [xi]-xii.
Plates are tinted lithographs; unnumbered plate is a map.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 172
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original green ribbed cloth, with title stamped in gold on front cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is bound in contemporary quarter leather and green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Italy -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- 1846.
Wood engravings -- 1846.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.