For the curious young gentlemen and ladies that study and practice the commendable art of drawing, colouring, etc. : a new and compleat drawing book ... / being the close study ... of the late Mr. Lens ... in sixty-two copper-plates, engrav'd by himself ... ; to which is prefixed an introduction to drawing ; ... translated from the French of Monsieur Gerrard de Lairesse, and improved with extracts from C.A. Du Fresnoy.
- London : Printed for B. Dickinson, at the corner of Bell-Savage-Inn, on Ludgate Hill, 1751.
- Physical Description:
- , , 42 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 L45 1751+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- English short title catalogue, T137504
- Subject Terms:
- Dickinson, B. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1751.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
Lens, Bernard, 1682-1740, For the curious young gentlemen and ladies that study and practice the commendable art of drawing, colouring, etc. , 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.